Question

Relislim
Hallo Doctor

My GP put me on Relislim and a nurse explained to me how she used it. Please tell me if this is an effective diet:
B/fast: 1 slice of W/wheat bread and a protein.

Fruit around 10h00. I eat mainly apples

Lunch: a proteien and veggies or salad. I have 2 Like it Lean smoked vienas, 30g of cheese and tomotoes, cucumber and very few pineapple pices mixed with the 2 other veggies.

Then IF I get hungry, I drink coffee or tea, and chew on 8 almonds.

Dinner: Lean proteien, either pork, chicken or tuna, with veggies and a small potatoe.

I lost 6kg''s, according to a VERY old scale, but I feel like I''ve only lost 2kg. I also drink 1 to 2 litres of water per day and do 15minutes of brisk walking 5 days a week. I know I should excerise more, but it''s cold!!!

Please advise me further.

Thank you

Dear H
The diet you describe sounds a bit like a variation of the Atkins diet as it is rather high in protein. I would recommend that you include at least 3 servings of fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese to ensure that you still obtain enough calcium on this diet. Adult women require 1200 mg of calcium per day, otherwise you could develop a deficiency. Dairy products are also high in good quality protein and having additional calcium in the diet has been found to promote weightloss. Your liquid intake for the day should not exceed 2,5 litres in total, so don't overdo the water intake (e.g. don't have 2 litres of water plus lots of other liquids), otherwise you can upset your so-called electrolyte balance which is also not good. Any exercise is better than no exercise. Just try to increase how fast you walk as you get fitter and lose weight. When you are nice and fit, also try dong 30 instead of 15 min a day.