Question

Remeron

I am taking Remeron and I would like to know if there is a Generic of Remeron on the market in South Africa. On the internet I can only find a generic in America. Is the generic as good as Remeron? Mly Shrink said I may have to increase the dosage at 6 months from 7,5 mg per day to 15mg per day . So I am trying to cut costs.

Thank you.
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi Emma

Good news: In SA there are 5 generics available to remeron. These should be just as good as Remeron. They are Adco-Mirteron, Aspen Mirtazapine, Beron, Merck-Mirtazapine and Sandoz Mirtazapine.