Ask an expert

08 Jun 2011

removal of head bumps
I have quite a few lumps (diff sizes) on my head. A GP once told me they were just fat and nothing to worry about. It never bothered me before, but I would like to have them removed. So, my question is how do I go about removing them? Can a local GP do it? And, how do they remove it? Thank you so much
Answer 365 views

01 Jan 0001


A GP can remove these collection of fatty tissue underneath the skin. An incision is made and the bumps (fatty tissue) is simply removed from under the skin. Stitches are used to close the skin.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.