Question

Removal of Skin Tag - General Practitioner or Dermatologist ?
I have a SKIN TAG just beneath my shoulder blade that I would like to have removed because it seems to be getting a bit bigger and darker and looks ugly. (I am 40 years old).

I live in a very small town, which is more than an hour's drive from the nearest dermatologist. I would thus like to know whether it would suffice to have this procedure done by my general practitioner, or whether it is essential that it is done by a dermatologist.

What method will he use and will it involve a lot of bleeding ?

Dear Small Town Girl,
Your GP should be able to do it for you. He/she will probably put in a stitch or 2 and it won't bleed too much. Just ask him to send it away to a lab to check for skincancer - a routine procedure as it is always better to be safe rather than sorry!