Question

Re:Overeating!!! How to stop? (26/1/2003)
Qoute of DietDocs reply to my previous question: "Seeing that your present BMI = 21,5, which is spot-on for your height, I don't think you should try to lose more weight. You must have really been thin before gaining those few kg which have given you an ideal BMI. I hope that you are not trying to starve yourself into the beginnings of anorexia. If you have slightly heavier thighs and a rounded tummy, then you could consider doing targeted exercises to firm them up. Ask Fitness Doc for an exercise schedule that targets thighs and tums. If you are under a lot of stress then it is essential that you should eat a balanced diet which provides sufficient vitamins, minerals and carbohydrate to prevent burnout. Click on 'Diet' and "view old Diet & Food' and read the articles on 'Balanced Diet I-IV'. Don't put even more stress on yourself by trying to lose weight when your weight is in the ideal range already.
Take care
Dietdoc"

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND ADVICE DIETDOC! I can assure you though that I'm not starving myself into the beginnings of anorexia. :) I try to lead a healthy life (exercising and eating a balanced diet) but as I mentioned in my previous topic, I'm struggeling a bit with keeping up with such a healthy routine. The problem is not that I'm eating too little but too much. You also said that My BMI is right for my height... which I'm glad to hear but I still look blown up and fat from how I used to look - maybe my fat % is too high?? (My previous weight was 54kg - I'm now 8kg heavier) I'm not so sorely trying to loose weight as I am trying to stop myself from overeating all the time and eating junk food, because if I continue like this I'm sure I'll gain even more weight which I want to prevent. I'll try the balanced diets you revered to and I'll also ask Fitness Doc for some exercises. Thanks again for your help!

Dear Reader
I hope that you will stick to eating a balanced diet because this will not only assist you in keeping your weight constant, but prevent deficiencies and a number of other health related problems like anaemia and raised blood cholesterol. If you find that you need extra motivation to stick to a healthy routine, then contact Innertalk at www.innertalk.co.za and obtain some of their motivational tapes.