Question

REplacement Hormones
I had an early hystorectomy age 31 due to all sorts of things . I have a problem taking hormones, since i started taking it i gain a lot of weight, developed high blood pressure etc. My petuturity and thyroid does not function 100%, now i read articles that the hormones can do us more harm than good? What is your opinion ? Will the Gel hormones be safer? I am desperate please this is costing me a fortune and the medical aid does not pay for everything. I guess the question is if i continue taking the eltroxin to i have to continue with something like preamrin?

Eltroxin is for thyroid problems. Oestrogen is for ovaries which are not functioning. If your ovaries were left behind after the hysterectomy, they may well be functioning and you would then not need oestrogen, unless the pituitary problem is interfering with oestrogen production. Essentially oestrogen is only necessary if you are menopausal. You would need to find out from the doctor who checked your hormone levels if this is the case or not. If you are menopausal, it would be very important to use the oestrogen becuase of your young age.