Question

Report back - Special friend involved with abusive/domineering men
Hi everyone. This is just a report back to all the people who gave me advise before when I wrote in about my special friend. She always seemed to get involved with abusive or domineering men. I gave her the book "Woman who love too much", but she said she does not love anyone that much. She went back to SA in February to be with a person who she felt cared more for her than I do. Last week she phone to say she is coming back to me. This morning I picked her up at Heathrow airport and she acknowledged that she made a mistake and that this person tried to control her in every way. She stated that she thinks we should get married as we both understand each other so well. We have been seeing each other for nearly 10 years and last year was the first time we have been apart for more than a week. So it looks as if this situation will have a happy ending. For everyone else out there going through a rough time - hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not just the start of another one.

Dear Wondering,
I am sure we are all pleased to hear that there seems to be at least the possibility of a happy ending in sight. Maybe, because she has made some hasty decisions in the past, you should slow down just a little on marriage plans at first, to see how a committed relationship within an engagement, feels, and proceed acording to succes in that ?