Question

Repost

I asked the question below on 16/7/2010 and was wondering if an expert could answer for me please:

Subject: Sibutramine and Citalopram
Posted by: Betsy | 16/7/2010

Hi.

Are there any known drug interactions between sibutramine and citalopram? If there are, what are the possible side effects? If there are, what is the half-life of citalopram?

Thank you!

Betsy

Thanks.
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi Betsy - Sorry the forum was closed during that period, but some questions managed to "slip" thru.

To answer your question: No, these should not be used together as it may cause a major interaction in the form of serotonin syndrome.