Question

Residue from breast

I had pain in left breast for acouple of months(3-4) last year. My doctor found a lump and i went for a mammo. The mammo showed nothing. The pain disapeared, but now,5 months after the mammogram i discovered a whitish residue coming from that same breast.What could that mean?
There is also a change in my periods:My menses ussually started 10-11 of each month but since dec'02 it changed to 17th and January 03 to 27 th and i'm still waiting for it now. The flow period also decreased 10-12 days to only 4 days.

Ann, it sounds like milk draining from your breast. This is probably due to increase prolactin levels. The most common reason for this is pregnancy, but there is a host of other reasons too. Other common causes include:
1. Physiological: Breast-feeding, stress & sleep.
2. Drugs: Phenothiazines, haloperidol, รก-methyldopa, oestrogens, etc.
3. Disease: Pituitary disease, chronic renal failure, under-active thyroid and sarcoid.
As you can see, the best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.