Question

Restalyne
I''m considering having Restalyne injections in my lips and also the skin around my mouth as its quite saggy. I will be 65yrs old soon - is this a good idea at my age?
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi Sandra, thank you for the question

There is no contra-indication when considering dermal fillers with ones age and one should be able to (generally speaking and dependant on one’s own treatment expectations) produce good results.

Without examining the areas of concern it is difficult to advise you over the net if one can get a good treatment result and if dermal fillers are actually indicated or would combination treatments give one the best result.

Typically one should consider combination treatments to improve the overall appearance of the skin (age of skin, condition of skin, and degree of UV damage) such as chemical peels, skin rejuvenation or fractional skin resurfacing, Botox, and dermal fillers. Depending on the degree of skin laxity and elongation of muscles one may even have to consider surgery (although not a necessity) to get the best end result.
An overall treatment plan should be considered but there is nothing stopping you doing them in a step wise approach.

I have a number of patients in their sixties and seventies so if this is an area you would like to improve my advice is go for it!