Question

Rett Syndrome
Hi CyberDoc,
My closest frinds's daughter has been diagnosed with Rett Syndrome (through observation and blood tests for the gene mutation). She is a year old, and my friend is understandably distraught. Are the any support groups that you are aware of in this country that I could refer her to? Also, what can you tell me about this syndrome - in terms of life expentancy, and general day to day care etc.

Warm Regards

Ajay, Rett syndrome is a rare disorder and I doubt that there are many support groups. It’s a progressive disorder, but I couldn’t find any information on the average survival rate, her paediatrician should be able to give you more info. Good luck.