Question

Revenge- Is it really worth it?

Last week I was known as "Angry" and wrote about my ex who left me and how I needed to take revenge etc, etc...
Got lots of replies with all the encouragement I needed....and set out to "hurt" him cos he hurt me so much. That very evening I received some bad news....My beloved dad passed away. All thought about revenge etc vanished from my mind. I raced through to his flat where they found his body, and will never 4get how cold and motionless he lay. Made me realise how short life is...is there REALLY time to waste on creeps, like my ex, when my family has and always will be there for me? I am very sad, and alone right now while I mourn the loss of my dear father. It is at times like this when you need and appreciate the support of your friends and loved ones. Circumstances are difficult right now, but I am determined to carry this cross on my own. I thought I'd write this letter as we usually tend to think "Why is all this happening to ME??"...There is always someone out there ...with a little bit more pain....
We can only learn and get stronger...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, but one of the late gifts he gave you, was to remind you of exactly the brilliant insight you achieved --- to recognize that life is indeed too short to waste time fuming about creeps.
And similarly, the lesson of the importance of recognizing and treasuring the loved ones we do have, rather than spending our energies and time on brooding about the creeps who will always be a small part of the inhabitants of life.
Thank you so much for taking the time in this sad period, to remember to post this most encouraging message, reminding others of this valuable lesson we all need to learn.