Ask an expert

18 Feb 2003

Reversal of Hiatus Hernia Operation
Dear Cyber Doc,

I am in great need of your advice and help!! I have had two Hiatus Hernis operations,
1st in july last and the 2nd in November. Since the 2nd op and been to see a Gastro
Entrologist I am no better,I am really struggling to eat,solid food causes me such discom
fort,reflux. I have been eating mainly "Ensure" and porrigde for the past 3months.
I am always fatigued,the pains in my legs(muscles) and feet are so painful,the pain gets worse when I eat. The gatro Entrologist did a Gastroscopy,Barium swallow which showed that all was fine
he said that i was suffering with gas float and said that I must go on a secial diet with Ensure to biuld me up as I had lost over 16kg!!! this was three months ago and I am no better,in fact I have gotten worse,I am so tired that I don/t even have the energy to get up at all.going to town is such
bind as I know that I am going to suffer with such pains all day and night.I phoned the surgeon and told himI am still sufferring and getting no better,he suggested that I have the hernia op reversed!!
Has this happened to a patient before like this where they have had the op reversed because of the stress of having one's tummy tied up!! What does this op entail and how long will I take to heal
would the hernia now be very vulerable to pull back up again and I would again suffer with thr hernia with reflux etc? Will I be able to cycle competetive again?
Please could you help me as what is the best option? I am seeing the Surgeon on the 25th Feb,
One more thing why are my legs so sore and tired,the muscles acually contract and burn,my feet go numb and cold.My joints get painful as well,the pain often goes into my lower back and buttocks!!
If I have exerted myself in the least I am so out of breath,if I get agitated or stressed I really do then suffer!!!
I have no interest in sex as well,I feel so sorry for my husband,it seems that my bodyh has giving
Thanking you,
Answer 438 views

01 Jan 0001

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.