Ask an expert

06 Jan 2003

Rheumatoid Arthritis
My Mother was diagnosed with this arthritis. We would like to know if there is any food that she can eat or affoid to relieve the symptoms. Also what else can she do to relieve the symptons?
Answer 312 views

01 Jan 0001

Nellie, the mainstay of treating rheumatoid arthritis is anti-inflammatory drugs. It starts with the simple ones like Voltaren® and Brufen®, and end with drugs also used for chemotherapy of cancer patients. The best would be for her to see a rheumatologist and have it sorted out because unlike osteoarthritis, it can be a very aggressive disease. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17922 votes