Question

rheumatoid arthritis
I am 58 years of age, is failry active (gym), play golf and like to do woodwork. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis which basically effects the two jionts of my middel fingers.

Can you please make recommendations with regard to the diet I should follow? Food I should preferably avoid? Coffe, I supopose, is out?

Will appreciate your response.

Deon

Dear Deon
The main dietary treatment of rheumatoid arthritis that seems to help the condition, is increasing your intake of omega-3 fatty acids by taking Salmon oil capsules. In contrast to gout which is affected by the intake of purines which are found in red meat, etc, the diet for rheumatoid arthritis does not require that you cut out foods, but you do need to eat a balanced diet which is rich in protective nutrients, so click on 'Diet' and 'View old diet and food site' and read the articles on 'Balanced Diet I-IV'.