Ask an expert

22 Feb 2009

Rheumatoid Arthritis
I was diagnosed with RA, it was in remission for 6 years, from November last year I have all the symptoms, my GP agrees on RA. I' m testing negative, my GP keeps on giving me Cortisone, with only short term relieve, about 4 weeks, should I go back to my Rhumatologist?
Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sally
Yes - RA needs to be treated by a rheumatologist - one needs to prevent joint damage, not just manage pain.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18661 votes