Question

Ridges on nails

I have bumps on my nails - sort of ridges that grows out with my nail. Is this a concern and what could cause it. I've never had it before. I don't think it is a funges - maybe a teltale that one of my organs are in distress - lungs?

Please help

Dear naaltjie
Depends on if the ridges are horizontal or vertical - horizontal ridges can indicate an injury or time in your life that you had a disease or severe illness, vertical ridges may be normal in older people or can indicate shortage of vitamins etc. see www.mayoclinic.com/health/nails/AN00591