Question

Rifafour and alcohol
Me again, the TB patient. I believe the medication is heavy on the liver and therefore alcohol shouldn't be consumed while taking it. But tell me, can two or three tots of brandy on weekends really do any damage? I'm having such a cr.p time at the moment and having to give up my Oudies and coke is just the last straw....
Oh and one more question - surely if the bronchoscopy was negative, my sputum is negative?

Thanks doc!

Lauren, assuming that you have a healthy liver and that you spread the tots over the whole weekend, it should be safe.
You have to remember that you can theoretically have TB of a different area of the lung than where the bronchoscopy was done. If the bronchoscopist was thorough, the chance of him missing the TB is small. Good luck.