Question

Ringing ear
Dear Doc,

I just would like to know if Wax in the ear can cause noise in the ear? Due to the problem of noise in the ear I went to see an ENT specialist and he removed a big chunk of ear wax in my right ear. However, there are are still a lot of wax in that ear because when I try to insert Cerumol (Solution to remove wax) in my right ear, it does not seem to get in i.e it seems to be blocked at the entrance of the ear. I got it checked by another specialist and it confirmed what I said previously.I have absolutely no problem with my left ear (liquid flows right through) and no ringing in the left ear. Also, I would like to point out that I have no hearing problem.I just would like to know if my right ringing ear is due to the wax or is it something else? Should I go for syringing? Will that resolve things? Please help doc as I am very worried regarding my problem.

Worried, the ringing in the ears might be caused by the wax and the easiest thing to do would be to have your ears syringed and find out. If it doesn’t clear up you will have to look at other causes and the best person to see about it would be the ENT surgeon. Good luck.