Question

RISPERDAL AND RIVOTRIL
I was on Risperdal a few months ago but am now on Rivotril- > am concerned are the two very similar?
watched Carte Blanche and learnt of side effects of Risperdal.

Not really similar at all. I think I saw the Caret Blanche item ( they're annoyingly un reliable on medical / health stories, and sometimes misleading ) - it was NOT about risks of Risperdal in normal adults. In very old people with severe dementia, who may be greatly helped by Risperdal and some similar drugs, it appears that their already really high risk of having a stroke or heart attack may be increased by using the drug - and if I were in their situation, having seen how much Risperdal can help the person live a happier life, I'd choose to take the drug every time.
But this is NOT a risk applying to healthy young adults like yourself.
Rivotril is significantly different, as it is a benzodiazepine, of the Valium family. So it is a sedative tranquillizer, which can be useful if one is agitated and need calming.