Question

Ritalin
Please inform me of the side effects of this drug and does it stunt ones growth?

Chele, the most common side effects include insomnia, decreased appetite, stomach discomfort, nervousness, dry mouth and sweating. Growth retardation has been reported, but this is mostly counter-acted by taking drug-free holidays. It is definitely uncommon for someone’s head to keep on growing while the rest of his body doesn’t (like suggested in the posting above).
I thing that before a child is put on Ritalin® he should be seen by a child psychiatrist and a child psychologist. Feedback also needs to be acquired from his teachers and even an occupational therapist if necessary. Good luck.