Question

Ritalin
A male friend of mine aged 34 has been put on ritalin (dosage 30mg). I would like to know the side effects of taking ritalin when consuming alcohol. I reckon on average he has 6 beers a day. I would have thought this was not ideal.

Pippa, I suppose he takes the Ritalin® in the morning and he drinks the beer at night when most of the Ritalin® has been metabolised already. I don’t think it will have too much effect on the Ritalin, but having 6 beers a day is too much whether you are taking Ritalin® or not. The best would be to have him cut down on his drinking and he might need to take Ritalin®. Good luck.