Question

Rivotril
Hi, how long does Rivotril take to work. I have an interview at 15h00 today and am already anxious. When should I take it as I dont want to me ''spaced'' out either!! Thanks.

I really have no idea why suddenly so many doctors, including GPs, are prescribing Rivotril. And how long it takes before you notice3 useful effects depends on why you are taking it. It is certainly NOT an appropriate treatment for simple anxiety disorder or depression. personally, I would never use it to treat anxiety for an interview, or for simple anxiety. These are not recognized as proper uses of the drug. I see no sense in taking it occasionally, either.
While it is a member of the benzo family, related to Valium and other sedative tranquillizers ( which usually show their sedative effects within 30 minutes or so ); it was most properly used to treat Epilepsy. After taking it, the highest blood levels are reached in 1 to 2 hours. There's much variation in how rapidly one gets rid of the drug, varying from 18 to 50 hours before half of it has left your system ( after a single dose ).
It should not be used in pregnancy or when there is a significant possibility of pregnancy, as it can be related to birth defects.
Depending on the dose one has been taking, and for how long, one may need to be cautious about suddenly stopping it. It may well affect one's mental alertness and ability to drive safely. Like other members of its family, it can produce dependence.
In a fair proportion of people it produces drowsiness and even staggering. One may become irritable, argumentative, forgetful - all splendid benefits when one is going for a job interview !
In short, I would NEVER EVER use it in the situation you are in, and still wonder why it was prescribed for you. If, properly, it is being prescribed because you are epileptic, then you should take the usual, recommended, routine dose. If for other reasons, I would suggest a second opinion, from an expert psychiatrist, and then to be ready to gradually stop it, on that psychiatrist's advice.
For the interview - relax ( easy to say, I know, and harder to do ), but just be your own excellent self, and remember that even interviewing people is a hard task, and they should just want to see if you would be adequate and content in the position on offer.