Question

ROACCUTANE AND ITS EFFECTS
Hi doc. i was wondering whtehr you could help. i am experiencing some heavy side effects & dont know whether there is anything i could to help reduce them. the main concern is my dry lips; i have tried Eulactol vaseline, lip ice. what do i do it is so dry that i cant even smile, cos then they bleed. the corners of my mouth prevent me from openingmy mouth wide; not enough to eat a hot dog. this is terrible. PLEASE HELP!

Kesi, the side-effects you’re experiencing are the most common ones associated with Roaccutane® use. You will have to decide whether the side-effects are worth the effect as it usually is part of the package. You can experiment with different fatty ointments to see if the will alleviate the problem, but usually they don’t take away all the dryness. Good luck.