Ask an expert

22 Jan 2010

Rotator cuff syndrom and impingement
Hi. I am 25 years old and have participated in sport all my life - horse riding, vaulting, rowing and paddling in the past, and boxing, swimming and running more recently. I went to a specialist because my left shoulder started hurting on rotation or just lifting. I have now had three quartazone injections. My specialist says that the next step is MRI and maybe an opp. I dont want to go that route though. Is there anything else you would recommend (besides rehab exercises which i am doing) like accupunctiure or something...anything....
Answer 828 views
Shoulder Doc
Shoulder Doc

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sasha,

the best next step is to make sure what the diagnosis is : MRI could help with that but most shoulder specialists would have at least an idea what the problem is and suggest what the most reasonable solution is. Maybe get a second opinion :which area do you live and i could make suggestions. Also look at our website: and specifically at "Shoulder Pain" and see if you recognise your symptoms there


Dr Joe de Beer
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.