Question

5h ago

running and cellulite
Hi Doc, people say that running makes cellulite works, now i do taebo 3 times per week and run and walk for 35 minutes 3-4 days per week and they say my cellulite will increase, is this true??? :(

Thanks for the thelp
God Bless

Hi there

I don't think that running worsens cellulite at all. In fact, if you consider what we know cellulite to be, then running and walking can only improve it. You see, cellulite is nothing more than excess fat stored beneath the skin and then the connective tissue that 'surrounds' the storage areas becomes cross hatched, creating the appearance of cellulite. The key therefore is to reduce the body fat stores, which is admittedly a lot harder than it sounds, and that's why just about everyone struggles with it. But the point is that running and any other cardio exercise is what you require in order to do this. So I would encourage you to keep up the cardio, and also look at diet, because exercise and diet work together to influence your fat storage. So just keep it up and be patient, it's a tricky one to resolve and takes a lot of time and effort.