Question

running out of motivation
just wondering if anyone else has these problems?? I am a single mother of two and I feel like the more I do, the more needs done. I clean my house, they come behind me and wreck it. Everytime I try to do something something else breaks down. I had a bad storm that knocked a bunch of trees down in my yard I've been trying to clean that up. Then my bathroom door fell off the hinges, my cooker broke, the belt came off my dryer, the wash machine broke, my roof leaks, my bed broke, and the list goes on and on. The problem is that I look around and don't know where to begin, so I end up feeling overwhelmed and can't get much done. I tried to make a list everyday of things I want to get done, and I'm lucky if I get half of them done. I just get very frustrated. Sometimes I want to scream, sometimes I cry. I have a limited income, so it's not like I can pay for help. How do I find the energy and organizational skills to accomplish all that needs done, including normal daily chores, such as dishes, cooking, etc.?? I don't live close to town, and my family lives too far away to have them to come and help me. I don't know many people who can help...What do I do??????????

I['m hadly a single mother, but I know exactly the feeling you describe ! Doesn't it sometimes feel as though the THINGS in your home conspire to bother you ? Like the fridge suggests that the stove should wait and obnly go on the blink the week AFTER you've had someone in to work on the fridge ? Sometimes, unless there are obvious priorities, it hardly matters which of the tasks get done first, so long as some get done. And maybe one can group some of them that are more easilt done together. But unless a priorities is screamingly obvious, it may be more important to just start, even at random, than to keep waiting to decide on the order of priorities in a list. You don't mention the age of the kids, but are they old enough to share some of the chores ? or at least to understand the burden of these, and contribute by not making more mess and work than is strictly necessary ?