Question

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst
Morning Dr,
I am 32 years old and had a sterilization 3,5 years ago when my second child was born. While the Dr was busy with the Ovaries (doing the sterilization) a cyst ruptured and even though i had the Spinal i still felt the pain when this happened. I am insulin resistant and was also diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. if i do not use Oralcon (birth control) i have extremely heavy periods with pains. Yesterday afternoon i had sudden excruciating pain in my lower abdomen, mainly on the right side (where the previous cyst ruptured). I immediately went to our GP and he confirmed that there was another ruptured cyst. IT does not seem to be bleeding and i am now on antibiotics, etc to prevent infection and to help with pain. The pain is now gone but i am still a bit worried about what could happen. The GP said nothing will happen unless it bleeds.

Any information will be helpful. We appreciate your help.

Have a great day.
Thank you.

If the cyst has ruptured, there are usually not any complications, partcularly as you no longer have pain. The small amount of fluid should reabsorb and you should be fine.