Ask an expert

04 Jul 2011

RUQ pain
Hi doc

I''ve been having RUQ pain for about a month now. I''ve had this on and off for years and the GI doc did a gastroscopy and colonoscopy three years ago and only found H. Pylori. They also did a CT scan but found nothing.

When it returned a month ago I went to another GI specialist and he did a ultrasound of the abdomen, a gastroscopy and biopsy. He also tested my liver. He says everything is normal. Liver enzymes is a bit raised but that is due to fatty liver. No H Pylori infection, gallbladder is fine and stomach too. He couldn''t give me a diagnoses and gave me Pariet 20mg to try.

I have pain in my RUQ radiating to my back. Sometimes its painfull to sleep on my right side and I wake up to the pain too.

Could this be my gallbladder despite the ultrasound showing nothing?

I don''t know how long I should wait before contacting him again or what to do. Please advise if possible.
Answer 343 views

01 Jan 0001


Do not wait to consult the gastroenterologist. He/she will probably do a CT scan of the abdomen, as the next diagnostic tool.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.