Question

SA water
Is South African tap water clean enough? One of the international companies that sells water purifiers says it' s not, and they say if you drink too much of it you might end up suffering from kidney problems. Could this be somehow true?

Dear Amo
In general I think that tap water in our larger cities and towns is still safe. I am not personally worried about us developing kidney problems, I am worried about potential microbiological contamination of our water supplies because many of the water purification plants are either so old that they are falling apart or they don't have technical staff to run them, esp in the smaller towns. If you live in a smaller town I would recommend that you just boil water before using it. This will eradicate the microorganisms. I think the story about the kidney problems is such a sales gimmick.