Question

sad doggy
We had to put our male boerboel down recently and now our female boerboel who is only about 2 year old, is acting up quite a bit. She really adored him so it' s obvious she misses him. We realise she wants to play the kind of physical games they used to play together which we can' t do. She has become extremely demanding to the point of barking incesantly if you don' t do what she wants immediatly. She was such a well behaved dog but we' re finding her exhausting. We' re not ready to get another dog and we' re spending as much time as is humanly possible with her. How can we make things better for her and (for that matter) for us as well. I work three jobs and so don' t have time to take her to any dog groups, she does go for regular runs and we have a very big garden but she so often refuses to go ouside and walk around by herself.
What is the solution here?

Dear s

I would try and increase the effort she spends on eating. You can try out the food balls that release a few pellets at a time when rolled. Of stuff food into a Kong. Some people even freeze the food into a solid block and hang it from a tree. This keeps hungry dogs busy for hours trying to bite off big bits from the block.