Question

sad/heartbroken
Hi doc.
My boyfiend and i have been staying together for -+9 years and have 2 children together. We are not married. We have a join bond on the house which means we both are paying. Now things is not working out between us. We argue everyday about simple things even sex. We are both in our early 30s. Sex become a problem cos it seems like im always the one asking to have sex, then he is always tired. It is heartbroken and painful for me to be the one asking all the time. He told me to get someone else and move out of the house. I want to know what should i do in a situation like this, he bought most of the furniture. I love this man very much but im tired to be treated this way. Should i get a lawyer or what will happen.

Regards.
Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

When communication becomes eroded, it is difficult to keep track of each others needs and wants and misunderstanding become more regular.
You could benefit from some couple counselling to try and reinstall a healthy way to communicate and take in consideration as well, that with time, people's needs change.
As far as the house is concerned, should you look a separating he cannot make you move out. It belongs to the both of you. Either you must sell it and split the profit or one has to buy the other one out. Whatever is in the house can be split according to what seems fair about who purchased what.