Question

Safe Sex Acts
Dear Doctor

I was looking up stds as i go for what i have seen on this site a few males tend to go for being massage with the sensual side thrown in ,being a hand job.Your replies to some of the questions say receiving hand jobs is fairly safe , but one could an std.

How many medical cases of stds have you come across as a result of people going for sensual massage.I often go with my wife for massage,with me having a hand job and i do not want to get an std.What would be the common stds that i could get,and is it likley.

What can i do to stay safe if i am at risk of an std from a sensual massage are we not at risk from getting a normal body massage.I understand an std from sex as body fluids genital to genital contact etc but a therapists hands to my genitals i am confused.

Steve

Dear Steve
This is very rare, and if you visit a hygienic place it should not be a risk but there is no guarantee.