Ask an expert

14 Mar 2007

I don't know if this is the correct name. It's a red worm like lesion just under the skin on top of the foot. It moves (very slowly) and is slightly itchy. How does one get rid of it?
Answer 375 views
momentum expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Di
You can use a medication called Mebendazole or ask your doctor to freeze the worm with ethylchloride sprayed on the skin. They normally die after a while because they can't live under your skin for long. The itching is caused by the allergic reaction the worm causes in the skin.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.