Question

Scaling skin on my lips - always chappy
Dr.
I have a concrn about my lips. They are always chappy. they scale off easily everyday. I have been using various Lip care products including those with an SBF 6 sun-protection value.

I somehow suspect that this is due to my oral or stomuch PH value or saliva PH.

How can i prevent this?
Is it related to my diet if it's saliva PH effect?

Drewsa, if it’s due to the pH of your saliva, you can use an antacid like Mucaine®, Maalox®, etc to test it. You can use it as a mouthwash 4-6 times a day for a week and see what happens. If it clears up, you have your answer. The best would then be to see your doctor so that he can determine why the pH is so low. Good luck.