Question

Scalp Eczema
I''m a 20-year old female, and I''ve had scalp eczema for the past 6 years. I''ve tried so many treatments - at least 3 different antibiotics, 5 or 6 medicated shampoos, mild shampoos, home treatments, steroid creams, etc. I''ve been on roaccutane and that seemed to work, but now that my treatment has ended, my symptoms are much more severe than they were before.

Are there any treatments that you could recommend? I''ve also been wondering if shaving my hair relatively short would help, as I''ve read a report online that it could possibly be effective.

Alessandri

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an evaluation of your eczema and the correct treatment. In the interim you can apply Betnovate scalp application, twice daily or use Denorex shampoo.