Ask an expert

03 Jul 2010

Scar removal
I had a growth on my thyroid and had to have surgery to remove it as well as most of the thyroid. I now have a very thick scar in front at the base of my neck - I do tend to keloid. si it is very visible to all and I would like to get it treated. Should I go to a plastic surgeon or a skin specialist? I have tried all the expensive creams and oils, but there has been no change. It has been over a year now. Can you help?
Answer 480 views

01 Jan 0001


You can consult your GP for injections of small amounts of deprisone into the keloid mass. This will reduce scarring but if you are not satisfied, you can consult a plastic surgeon to remove the scar tissue.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.