Question

6h ago

Scar tissue
Hi Douglas

I'm currently going for physio. Had a op. close to my ribs a while back. Had cramps in that area. Receiving Ultra SOund treatment because my physio thinks it's the scar tissue that presses on my nerves (two of my ribs were cut off) Last night I had cramps again and I pressed hard on the ribs. It felt if something gave away and then the pain was less. Could it be that the Ultra Sound is breaking down the scar tissue? Not sure what the Ultra SOund should be doing. After each session it feels if somebody made fire in my ribs. Is that normal?
physiotherapist

Hi Nadia

Without seeing you this is a tough one to call. I would make sure you are moving the area and getting a good stretch on it. As for the burning - US should not really get that reaction.

Douglas