Question

Scar tissue
I sprained my foot over a year ago, but it's still really troubling me.
According to my physio, there is still alot of scar tissue and inflammation at the injury site.
What is scar tissue? Is it possible to ever get rid of it?
I've been having ultrasound and laser treatment twice a week for the past 3 months - but it does not seem to help much and at times does hurt when the physio does it.
Is there anything else I can do (including myself at home) to help break the scar tissue down and heal my foot?

sports injuries

Hi ST

Scar tissue is fibrotic tissue made up of different cells to those surrounding it.

Massage can be used to help breakdown as well as possibly corticosteroids. That you can do anywhere, anytime. You can also improve your poistion sense, proprioception by using wobble boards and walking barefoot.

DRP

DrP