Question

Scared
My husband had a drinking problem. I came through a very, very stressfull time. He has stoped drinking now but I think my body is so used to stress and unhappyniss that it is difficult for me to relax. Now I have a huge fear of death. My son is two years old and I am very scared that I am going to die. I worry even if I have a slight headacke. I think of the worse case scenario. Maybe I am going to die because of this headacke. Maybe there is something seriosly wrong with me. I don' t no what to do to stop thinking of death and to stop stressing about it. It is almost like my body is looking for something to stress about now that there is actualty almost nothing to worry about. It feels like my body is falling apart. Please can you help?

Check and see through AA is there is an Al-Anon branch that supports the families of alcoholics, within reach of you. Sounds like you may have developed an anxiety or depressive disorder, leading to this hypochondriasis, which would respond well to treatment. And stressing about life may have become a habit, and now that eh is apparently no longer a reliable source of the stress you grew so used to, your mind may be seekign and finding other reasons for stress, even if they are actually very unrealistic. DO see a good local shrink for assessment and advice on treatment, based on those results.