Question

scheduling of drugs/over the counter/prescription
Hi there Cybershrink suggested that I refer this question to you.Would you know where I could find a website which lets me know which drugs are over the counter or when a prescription is needed? And an explanation of the scheduling eg Schedule 1 or Schedule 5 etc etc Many thanks

Seraph, medicines are scheduled according to how dangerous they are. The higher they are scheduled the more dangerous they are. This doesn't just apply to how addictive they are, it might also be due to their side effect profile. The scheduling status of a drug may move up or down with time as more information about the drug is gained in practice. Recently the drug that was used for "date raping" was given a higher scheduling status to make sure that tighter control could be exercised over how it was prescribed.
I have no idea whether there is a website that deals with these things, but if you want to know about a specific drug you can always ask me. Good luck.