Ask an expert

30 Mar 2003

scheuermans disease
Hi There ,

Well all i want to know is : all the info i am getting is for children and not an adult man who is suffering from this ?We would also like to know how to stop the pain and find out what to do to cure it or at lease ease it a bit

Thanks so much for all your help.
Answer 421 views

01 Jan 0001

SW, in grow people it's seldom a problem as it should have burnt itself out by the time you reach adulthood. The best would be to have x-rays taken in six months time and see if it’s getting worse. If it’s currently causing severe problems, the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon as apart from a brace, surgery is often the only other alternative. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9265 votes
66% - 17843 votes