Question

schizophrenia
dear doc

i am a schizophrenic in remission. i have a bad temper (i get upset very easily although i dont always act on it). is this a charecteristic of schizophrenia or could that just be my nature. if it is a symptom, i suppose it is a negative symptom and even though i am in remission, my meds wont particularly help with it.

Interesting question, 23232323 ( may I call you 23 for short ?)
Bad temper isn't a typical feature of schizophrenia, so it might be your nature / personality, which is probably the most common reason for this. Counselling can help any of us to control such annoying features of our personality better. And I wonder whether, if it were a symptom of schizophrenia, one could call it a Negative symptom --- I think some could call it a Positive Symptom. Anyway, generalizations about "negative symptoms" etc aside, some antipsychotic meds are used in treating people with no trace of schizophrenia, to help them control their bad temper, so the meds may well help you, too