Question

School
My son is in grade 9 in an all boys school. Last year he did great, but he hates his school now. He doesnt like the boys that go there and says they are not like him (personality wise). I think he misses been around girls. He is so unhappy, but its a good school. He said its what my hubby and I want and not what he wants. What do we do? Put him in a co-ed school or leave his where he is. They are also very disciplined and if we move him to the school in our area, we are scared he ends up with the wrong crowd, etc.

It'll be interesting to see what other good and experienced parents in the forum readers, have to say here. It sounds as though you changed the lad from a co-ed school to an all-male school without even discussing this with him ? Was that wise ? There needs to be a lot more calm discussion before more t00-rapid decisions are made ; maybe suggest that he start discussions with you, and meanwhile to his best for the first term, while a more careful decision is made. Maybe its the greater degree of discipline or other factors tjhat are truly bothering him, rather than the co-ed issue which he may feel more suitable to complain about.