Question

Screaming in my sleep AGAIN
Hi again doc

I started screaming again in my sleep. so now my fiance wants me to go back to the therapist.. but i dont think i should go back to her Do i need a psychiatrist or a psychologist?

I remember what i was dreaming b4 i woke up screaming i was dreaming that i was covered in spider webs, i have a phobia about spiders i hate them with a passion, but my fiance seems to think the screaming is because of the armed robbery, i tend to agree with him since i didnt scream in my sleep b4 that happened

Dear Sara,
ouch ! This must be very unpleasant for both of you. Your pre-existing phobia about spiders ( which is easily treatable by a psychologist, by the way ) probabl colours these dreams, but you're both probably right about the dreams more likely being related to the armed robbery. Such experience of trauma tends to cause disturbed sleep, which usually includes more nightmares, which may either be relatively accurate replays of the trauma itself, or symbolically and emotionally similar dreams, for instance, about being helpless and under threat, as in this case.
It sounds like a good idea for you to see a shrink again, to deal with this, as it suggests that there are still aspects of the trauma tat you're not yet coping well with. I'm wondering why you don't feel you should go back to the particular therapist you saw earlier. it may be that she wasn't in tune with your feelings and style of thinking, and that you'd do much better seeing a different psychologist. Either a psychiatrist or a psychologist could be helpful, but as at this stage it sounds as if you far more need talking therapy than drugs, a psychologist who can't be tempted to just prescribe drugs, might be a better choice.