Ask an expert

21 Nov 2004

Second Opinion

I am 32 and had an ectopic pregnancy last year and lost my right tube. I have been trying to fall pregnant since then and have been on Fertimod for three months, then tried one course of Clomid tablets together with the course of injections. I have had an xray and the result was a patent left tube.

My Gynae suggested IVF, but I wanted to know from you if you think I should go for a second opinion or just go for IVF as that is my only option.

Thank you.
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

If you have a problem with ovulation as well as only having one tube, and you have had no success with Fertomid after 3 attempts, I would agree that IVF is probably the best option.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17780 votes