Question

Self Esteem,Confidence,etc

I would like to know why some people are born with a great self-esteem and lots of confidence and others not... I don't think it has anything to do with the way you are brought up or your parents etc as i have low and my sister good self esteem and she's very confident and outspoken.
Does it have anything to do with the chemicals in your brain or something like that?

Dear Wonder,
An excellent question ! I just wish we had an excellent answer for it ! In a real sense, the answer must be yes. Because the only way any of us recognize, classify, understand, and respond to the world around us, is, ultimately, via the brain. And the brain, amazingly vast and complex as it is, depends on multitudes of tiny electro-chemical activities to do its job. Scientific progress has been large in recent years, as we begin to develop tools and techniques to measure, study, and then understand the nature of these chemicals, their actions and interactions, and how they might be usefull influenced in the directions we'd all appreciate.
In the meantime, some of the drugs we use help to influence some of those chemicals in the right directions. And it is also becoming clear that even successful psychotherapy ( talking therapy ) involves and causes, similarly fruitful chemical corrections in he brain.