Question

22 Apr 2006

self mutalation
i tend to cut myself with whatever i can find when i get angry or upest i have been doing this since i was 8 years old i dont do it to look for attention because no one ever see's it and they dont know i do it i dont get off on it . when i do it, its to escape the pain and anger that i feel.

please tell me if i am mad or if there are other people out there like me.

Check the archives of this Forum, as we have discussed self-cutting / self-mutilation so very many times, and much of the discussion is positive and useful. You are not mad ; there are surprisingly many people out there like you ; but this is a bad habit and can cause later problems and complications, and can be greatly helped by seeing a good local shrink for counselling , so do discuss this with your parents and arrange to see a shrink. There ae much easier, healthier and more pleasant ways to deal with the tensions, than cutting.