Question

Self removal
Hi there DOc,
I read your previous answers to flesh warts and your reply that it is just crazy skin. I went to a dermotologist about a year ago and he also confirmed that it is just crazy skin. He removed the warts with a "special instrument" as he called it, it turned out to be small scissors!. He told me that it is just the skin that I have and that he guarantees me that it will return. (I already had it burned and freezed it before to no avail) He said that I must return every year to have it cut off again. My bill turned out to be over R800-00 to have 8 warts removed. My question to you: Can I do it myself with a sterilized scissors? What would the negative implications be?

Dear Sweets,
Plueeeze do not do it yourself! If you cut yourself too deep it can bleed profusely. Rather get yourself some ointment like Duofilm at the pharmacy to put on the warts to soften the warts and let the dry skin come off. Please just don't get it on the normal skin as it will burn it.