Ask an expert

20 Aug 2010

sensitive elbow area
Hi, I am not sure whether it would be best to take medication or see an orthopaedic surgeon with regards to my ''inner'' elbow. I have previously suffered from tennis elbow and my doc recommended I use a ortho-strap (especially when I play squash). My elbow aches more after a heroic 2 hours of ironing. The ache eventually subside but when I touch the area it''s eina ... please advise. PS the last time my doc said that there could be a little bleeding occurring in the tendons ..
Answer 340 views
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum

01 Jan 0001

Pain at the medial side of the elbow could be due to a "golfer's elbow" it is similiar to a tennis elbow but on the inner or medial side. You may start with anti-inflammatory medication and next step would be to see an orthopedic surgeon who would more than likely give you a cortisone injection into the affected area.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17914 votes